Cristin Kent Aragon
Cristin practices primarily in the areas of employment litigation and complex commercial litigation. She has experience defending a variety of employment claims, representing public and private employers before state and federal agencies, and advising employers on a variety of employment issues, including wage and hour issues, requests for accommodation, and family and military leave. Recent cases Cristin has worked on include:
- Marketing company and its President/CEO in employment discrimination and retaliation lawsuit.
- Hotel manager in hostile work environment lawsuit.
- Current and former board of directors of international vacation timeshare company in a shareholder derivative lawsuit.
- Business owner in arbitration with co-owner over the financial management of the company.
- Representation of municipality through trial in class action lawsuit challenging the legality of a regulatory fee (unanimous verdict in City’s favor).
Cristin also conducts investigations for public and private employers. Some of her recent investigations include:
- Investigation for Seattle Public Schools involving allegations that certain high-level district officials were aware of fraud in a district program, resulting in the district’s termination of the Superintendent and Chief Financial and Operations Officer.
- Investigation for Seattle Public Schools involving allegations of retaliation and improper reporting of suspected child abuse.
- Investigation for public employer involving employee misconduct.
Cristin participated in the King County Prosecutor’s Office Trial Fellowship Program, during which she completed four jury trials. She has also done a variety of pro bono work, including providing advice to non-profit organizations, representing an individual seeking asylum, and representing individuals seeking redress for discrimination based on sexual orientation. Cristin was named Volunteer of the Month by the King County Bar Association in January 2009 for her representation of a low-income mother in a child support modification.
Before joining Yarmuth Wilsdon, Cristin practiced at K&L Gates LLP, in Seattle. Cristin served for six years on the Board of Directors of Solid Ground. Cristin has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Washington Super Lawyers Magazine.