Denise is a trial lawyer and client counselor whose practice focuses on complex employment, environmental, and commercial disputes. She has extensive experience in state and federal trial and appellate courts, bench and jury trials, arbitration proceedings, administrative matters, and governmental and other investigations. Denise represents plaintiffs and defendants, large and small businesses, public entities, and individuals. Denise has represented clients locally, regionally, and nationally. Her work spans a broad range of industries, including financial services, private equity, legal services, hospitality, telecommunications, construction, transportation, environmental services, industrial services, manufacturing, retail, software, technology, Internet, and life sciences.
Recent matters include:
- Counsel for construction company and individuals in wrongful discharge and retaliation case. Settlement for dismissal of claims achieved.
- Counsel for large company in a multi-plaintiff wage and hour case. Defense verdict following two-week jury trial.
- Counsel for restaurant in U.S. Department of Labor investigation. Successful resolution obtained.
- Counsel for telecommunications client on numerous non-compete matters. Successfully obtained relief sought or opposed injunctive relief following in-court hearings.
- Counsel for employer in discrimination action. Obtained dismissal on summary judgment.
- Counsel for employee in misappropriation of trade secrets matter. Successful resolution for nominal amount.
- Successfully represented numerous employers in grievance arbitrations.
- Successfully represented numerous employers in unfair labor practice hearings.
- Counsel for waste disposal company in Clean Water Act/Stormwater case. Following negotiations, plaintiff agreed to not file any claims.
- Counsel for numerous companies in Clean Water Act/Stormwater cases. Successful resolutions obtained.
- Counsel for individual in civil case. Obtained a verdict awarding client ownership of a business and over $1.2 million in damages.
- Represented and advised law firms and attorneys in matters with law firms, former partners, and other parties.
- Counsel for technology company in a breach of contract case. Successfully settled.
Denise has been recognized as a Local Litigation Star in Benchmark Litigation (2014-2015) and named “Future Star” by Benchmark Litigation: The Definitive Guide to America’s Leading Firms and Attorneys (2009-2013).
Denise has participated at the board level with the Big “W” Club, Alliance for International Women’s Rights and LPGA Girls Golf Club. She also serves as a volunteer attorney for Casa Latina and the Washington State Bar Association Community Legal Clinics.