John Jamnback is an experienced trial attorney who has represented clients in a variety of civil and criminal cases in state and federal courts and arbitration forums around the country. He has tried more than 100 cases to verdict including commercial contract disputes, broker-dealer regulation and other areas of securities-related litigation, intellectual property cases, employment matters, construction litigation, and professional negligence cases. John also has extensive experience defending individual and corporate clients facing potential criminal charges and prosecutions.
John is part of the firm’s Anti-Piracy practice group which represents clients seeking to protect their intellectual property and technologies from illegal infringement.
John has also been active in appellate work, having briefed and argued appeals to the United States Court of Appeals for the Ninth Circuit and the D.C. Circuit, the Virginia Court of Appeals, and the Virginia Supreme Court. In addition, he has appeared on brief in the Fourth Circuit, the D.C. Court of Appeals, the Maryland Court of Special Appeals, and the Maryland Court of Appeals.
John’s clients and matters have included:
- DIRECTV, Inc., in numerous anti-piracy cases.
- Microsoft Corporation in numerous copyright infringement cases.
- NDS Americas, Inc. in anti-piracy cases and other civil litigation.
- Seattle-based health care company in an architectural malpractice arbitration involving the renovation and remodel of a large hospital.
- Boeing Corporation in an export control matter.
- Smith Barney in NASD securities arbitrations and federal court litigation.
- Prudential Securities in numerous NYSE and NASD securities arbitrations.
- The Security Chief of the Washington, D.C. Lottery in his wrongful termination suit.
- Three Washington, D.C. police captains in their wrongful termination suits.
- New Jersey based manufacturing company accused of mail fraud, wire fraud, price fixing and criminal RICO violations.
- Accounting firm charged with bank fraud and tax fraud.
- United States Department of State employee charged with embezzlement.
- United States Department of Labor attorney charged with criminal fraud.
- National fast food chain in defending an employment class action.
- Automobile advertising product distributor in a commercial dispute.
- Severely injured child in a medical malpractice case against the United States Air Force.