Lynn practices in the area of complex commercial litigation. She has worked with a wide variety of clients. Lynn has particular expertise in counseling and litigating on behalf of technology companies, particularly with respect to issues related to antitrust/consumer protection act claims, software development and distribution agreements, trademarks, patents, copyrights, trade secrets, non-competes and joint ventures. Lynn has also represented and assisted clients in responding to state and federal investigations, including the Department of Justice, Federal Trade Commission, Securities and Exchange Commission, the Washington State Attorney General and the Oregon State Attorney General. Lynn has tried cases to verdict and judgment in numerous state and federal courts, as well as arbitrations and mediations. Representative cases include:
- FTC v. Willms et al.: Counsel for defendant in claims regarding FTC Act.
- Houston et al. v. Ferguson et al.: Counsel for defendant in copyright matter.
- RealNetworks Inc. v. VeriSign: Counsel for plaintiff in multi-week arbitration proceeding involving claims arising out of software development agreement.
- QSA v. RealNetworks Inc.: Counsel for defendant in trademark matter.
- AMI v. The Boeing Company: Counsel for defendant in breach of software development agreement.
- Cincom Systems, Inc. v. The Boeing Company, et al.: Counsel for defendant in copyright and breach of licensing agreement matter.
- RealNetworks Inc. v. Microsoft Corp.: Counsel for plaintiff in antitrust action.
- Caldera Inc. v. Microsoft Corp.: Counsel for plaintiff in antitrust action.
- Alakayak v. All Alaskan Seafoods et al.: Counsel for defendant in antitrust class action.
Lynn is board chair for The Sophia Way, a non-profit organization providing shelter and services to women experiencing homelessness. Lynn also serves as Secretary on the board of Rainier Prep, a middle school focused on transforming the expected educational outcomes for low income, students of color and immigrant students.